Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Update Series: Katie Sopoci Drake

Happy Impending Turkey Day, friends!
Since Fall is turning into Winter, for the next few days, each of us will be writing to give you an update on what we have been up to since our summer adventures! Next up is Katie Sopoci Drake!

What has Katie been up to? Take it away, Katie:

Hey y'all! This summer, after all of the dancing died down, I headed out to Yellowstone N.P. to feast my eyes and spirit on all of the fabulous nature. It gives me life, you know. Little personal projects cropped up here and there and I enjoyed dancing with friends in D.C. and trying on other people's dance-visions for a while. 

This Fall has seen me working both in my new position as Executive Assistant at the Maryland Youth Ballet, helping young dancers achieve their dance dreams, and hopping into my well-worn role as an educator at the University of Maryland - College Park, helping college students find their way into their bodies.  

Now that the snowflakes are threatening to fly, I can't wait to dive into a new artistic process with MEPC at the same time I dive into a new project with Rebollar Dance. Dance, dance, everywhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment